Black Student Alliance

Providing a Community, a Space and an Opportunity to Create Change

Demarco Graham, EHS class of 2026, contributor

The Black Student Alliance (BSA) is a club in Ewing High School, run by the ASSYST program.

The advisors are Ms. Johnson and Mr. Proctor. The BSA board is made up of EHS students holding positions of leadership.

The President of the Black Student Alliance is Dylan Roberts, the vice presidents are Niomi Glover and Awa White, the secretary is Lydia Green, the treasurer is Tatyana Peagler, the fundraising director is Jasmine Bell, and the social media manager is Daisha Reid.

The BSA is important because it’s a newly reestablished club for the BIPOC students and all students who want to learn and engage Black/African American cultures.

“BSA provides a safe space for students to discuss hard topics, things that frustrates them, to learn and discuss their history and certainly not least to have fun.” said Mrs. Johnson.

BSA is about standing up for change, unity and love, and prioritizing safe spaces for Black and Brown Students.

“BSA also known as the Black Student Alliance club is an environment that establishes a safe space for black students to create allies , have fun, and express themselves through open conversations. I personally enjoy BSA because it allows me to in a space where I know I am seen and heard in a world where the black experience is often disrespected” said Awa White, EHS class of 2024.

In the summer students approached and requested that Ms. Johnson and Mr.Proctor host the Black Student Alliance Club, showcasing students’ gifts and talents in the arts, leadership and community service.

This club meets in room 100 after school on Tuesday so go and give it a look and see if you like it, you can also find out more about it by going to ASSYST which is held during lunch to find out more details.